Friday, January 4, 2019

Be A Good Steward





BE A GOOD STEWARD





I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. Revelation 3:8





The kind of doors that open for us determine the places we can enter. If a classroom door opens to you, you will enter a classroom. If a business door opens to you, you enter into that business. Open doors are exciting but each one of us has experienced a closed door. Sometimes we try for some doors to open to us without success. There are job seekers who try one door after another, yet no one responds to their résumé. No university accepts their application. No buyers look at your property.

   The good news is that our God is able to use closed doors to advance His cause. He closed the womb of a young Sarah so He could display His power to the elderly one. He shut the palace door on Moses the prince so He could open another door to Moses the liberator. He marched Daniel out of Jerusalem so He could reveal the God of heaven to Babylon.

   Our Lord Jesus also knew the challenge of a blocked door. In the garden of Gethsemane He did not have His will granted. When He requested a path that bypassed the cross, the Father said no. Yet out of that ‘no’ came the greatest ‘yes’ of all time. Yes, to our salvation. Yes, to our healing. Yes, to our blessing. Yes, to heaven.

   God’s ‘no’ is not a denial. It is a redirection from our path to His path. From our way to His way. Ultimately, what we consider a closed door is actually an open door to something bigger, better and greater.





Prayer: Lord, when the door shuts, help me to see the new doors You’ve set before me and the new path You want me to walk on.





Scriptural Reading: Revelation 3:7-13





7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write,





‘These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”:





8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.





9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie — indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.





10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.





11 Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.





12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.





13 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”‘





NKJV



Be A Good Steward

No comments:

Post a Comment