Sunday, November 11, 2018

Favor Of God

Favor Of God


FAVOR


For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him as with a shield. Psalm 5:12


Favour is like every other blessing and promise of God. You receive favour from God and man to the degree that you believe and accept this promise by faith.

Favour belongs to you. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Samuel, and Esther (to name a few Old Testament believers) all had supernatural favour. Favour is like resurrection power. It keeps raising you up no matter what tries to put you down. Favour is like a cork. When you put a cork under water, it pops right back up to the top.

Potiphar’s wife slandered Joseph and lied about him. As a result, he was thrown in prison. Yet, even in prison, Joseph had supernatural favor which caused him to be put in charge of all of the inmates. While in prison, Joseph was favoured, that he interpreted the dreams of a butler and a baker. The butler was restored to his position, but the baker was hung, just as Joseph had said. Joseph said to the butler, “Remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house.”

The butler forgot Joseph until Pharaoh had a dream that no one could interpret. He then told Pharaoh what had happened to him in prison. Joseph was called, and he interpreted Pharaoh’s dream. As a result, Joseph was promoted and set over all the land of Egypt.

Favour has a purpose. God will bring you into favour so you can bring deliverance to people and help them. Once you receive Jesus Christ, you become a favored person. “For whoever finds me finds life, and obtains favour from the Lord” (Prov. 8:35).


Prayer: By faith, release God’s favour into your life and declare that you are blessed and highly favored by God.


Scriptural Reading: Psalm 5:1-12


Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my meditation.


2 Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray.


3 My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.


4 For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, Nor shall evil dwell with You.


5 The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.


6 You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.


7 But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.


8 Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face.


9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; Their inward part is destruction; Their throat is an open tomb; They flatter with their tongue.


10 Pronounce them guilty, O God! Let fall by their own counsels; Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, For they have rebelled against You.


11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You



Favor Of God

No comments:

Post a Comment