Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Lord Your Healer

The Lord Your Healer


THE LORD YOUR HEALER


If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon on you which I have brought upon the Egyptians. For I am the LORD your Healer. Exodus 15:26


This was God’s first healing covenant with His people. Some Hebrew scholars say this verse should be translated in the permissive tense—meaning “I will allow” instead of “I will put,” in which case it would read, “I will allow none of these diseases upon thee, which I have allowed upon the Egyptians.” God finishes by saying, “For I am the Lord your Healer.” The Hebrew says, “I am Jehovah Rapha.” Two or three million children of Israel left Egypt believing God. They went out of Egypt with silver and gold, and the Bible says there was not one feeble person among them.

But God put a few conditions on this covenant: “If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments…” You see, even in the first healing covenant, there was a correlation between hearing and being healed. One of the conditions for receiving the healing benefits of Jehovah Rapha is giving ear to His commandments. There is a direct connection between hearing and being healed.

Also, notice God didn’t say, “I will be or I was the Lord your Healer.” He said, “I am the Lord your Healer.” We find in James 1:17 that God never changes. James said there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” with God. If He was the Lord who healed His people back then, He’s the Lord who still heals His people today. He is still saying, “I am the Lord who heals you. I am Jehovah Rapha.”


Prayer: By faith confess the Lord as your healer, and declare that by the stripes of Jesus you are healed.


Scriptural Reading: Exodus 15:22-27



The Lord Your Healer

No comments:

Post a Comment