Saturday, January 27, 2018

Mental Barriers

Mental Barriers


MENTAL BARRIERS


I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13


Barriers of impossibility confront us daily. Some of those barriers are physical realities but a lot of them are mental barriers. After we have faced impossibilities for so long and seen others fail, we accept failure as a reality.


For so many years, the record for the mile hovered above four minutes. The last effort to break that limit was in 1945, when Gunder Haegg had approached the barrier with a time of 4:01.4.


But many people said the limits of physical capacity had been reached; it was impossible to break the four-minute barrier. But in 1954 Roger Bannister broke the tape at 3:59.4. And what was the result?


Well, as soon as the myth of the “impossible barrier” was dispelled, the four-minute mile was attacked and pierced by many with apparent ease. In almost no time the four-minute achievement was bettered 66 times by 26 different runners! Bannister broke the myth of the four-minute mile and created an atmosphere of possibility for succeeding runners.


Many barriers of impossibilities are myths we have come to accept as reality. When we come into relationship with Christ, He becomes our new reality.


His word becomes our mandate. His grace become our strength and His power our source of energy and action. What He says we can do, we can do! What He says is possible, is possible.


We cannot serve an all-powerful God and continue to make excuses for our non-performance.


In this breakthrough year, get ready to break some barriers. Don’t just sit around and settle for the easiest targets. Reach out for God’s best. Do what God has called you to do. You can do it!


Prayer: Father, I receive the fullness of Your ability in my life and boldly step out to break barriers.


Scriptural Reading: Philippians 4:10-19


10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity.


11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:


12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.


13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.


15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only.


16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities.

17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account.


18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.


19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



Mental Barriers

No comments:

Post a Comment