Sunday, October 28, 2018

The WORD Is Tried

The WORD Is Tried


THE WORD OF GOD


As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried. Psalm 18:30


Here is one of the great understatements of the Bible: the word of the LORD is tried.

God’s people, for thousands of years, have cast their lives into the mold of God’s Word. They have married, invested, raised children, decided careers, and set their ambitions according to the Word of God. They have found in the Bible their comfort in times of loss, their direction in times of change, and their joy in times of prosperity.

God’s Word has been tried, tested, scrutinized, and relied upon by Christians throughout the ages. And, just as David testified, they have found it more than sufficient for their every need. They have discovered, in every generation and in every imaginable circumstance, that God’s Word truly is perfect.

His counsel is always wise, His history is always accurate, His lessons are always true, and His commands are always relevant. God’s way is perfect.

But David was not merely making an observation or teaching an academic lesson; David’s point is that because God’s Word has been tried and tested by millions of saints through the centuries, and has been found perfect, each of us should therefore build our lives on this tried and sure foundation.

Who do you look to for direction and for advice? Do you trust popular opinion, or well-meaning friends, to help you make decisions and find meaning in life? Or do you go to God’s perfect Word over and over again, for counsel in every area of life?

The Word of the Lord is tried, it is proven, it is sure — but have you tried it for yourself?


Prayer: I praise You, Lord, for Your word is tried and tested. Guide me and lead me by Your word.


Scriptural Reading: Psalm 18:30-50


30 As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.


31 For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?


32 It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect.


33 He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places.


34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.


35 You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great.


36 You enlarged my path under me, So my feet did not slip.


37 I have pursued my enemies and overtaken them; Neither did I turn back again till they were destroyed.


38 I have wounded them, So that they could not rise; They have fallen under my feet.


39 For You have armed me with strength for the battle;

You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.


40 You have also given me the necks of my enemies, So that I destroyed those who hated me.


41 They cried out, but there was none to save; Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.


42 Then I beat them as fine as the dust before the wind; I cast them out like dirt in the streets.


43 You have delivered me from …



The WORD Is Tried

No comments:

Post a Comment