Saturday, September 22, 2018

How To Deal With Discouragement

How To Deal With Discouragement


DISCOURAGEMENT


Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance. Psalms 42:5 NKJV


Disappointments and discouragements are bound to affect everybody at some point. Yet believers need not remain disheartened by frustrations and setbacks. It is possible to experience joy and peace, even when our expectations aren’t met.
When you feel let down, take these steps:

1. Look inward. What is causing your hopeless feelings? Ask God to reveal anything within you that may be part of the problem (for example, an unforgiving spirit).

2. Admit you are discouraged & Rebuke it. Confess that you are allowing the emotion to grip you and speak and pray in tongues rebuking the spirit of discouragement.

3. Look upward to Heaven. To stop wallowing in the pain, you must take the focus off yourself and place it on the Father.

4. Recognize that this is a spiritual issue. Your present situation can help you learn how to deal with trials when emotions are low.

*5. Get into God’s Word. Notice how the men and the women of the Bible handled disappointments. For example, through his many years of undeserved difficulties, Joseph clung to his faith that God was in control.

6. Humble yourself and cry out to the Lord. Remembering His past faithfulness can build your confidence that He will continue to provide.

You may hurt for a reason, but you don’t have to be overwhelmed to the point of giving up. As a Christian, you can take refuge in your all-powerful, all-wise, loving Father. Recall how He has worked in previous times of letdown. Then be assured that this situation will be another faithfulness story to add to your collection.


Prayer: Lord, because of Your faithfulness, I will not be moved.


Scriptural Reading: Psalm 42:5-8


5 Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me?

Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him

For the help of His countenance.


6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me; Therefore I will remember You from the land of the Jordan, And from the heights of Hermon, From the Hill Mizar.


7 Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and billows have gone over me.


8 The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime, And in the night His song shall be with me — A prayer to the God of my life.


NKJV



How To Deal With Discouragement

No comments:

Post a Comment